Why clear the heart chakra? The heart chakra is associated with love, compassion, and forgiveness. It is responsible for relationships and self-acceptance.
When balanced, the energy produced by the heart chakra allows us to have meaningful relationships and to feel empathy, passion, and care for others. Jealousy, anger, bitterness, and resentment are symptoms of a closed heart chakra.
Did you know our body actually has over 70,000 chakras? Each time our meridians (nadis) cross, that junction is called a chakra. Seven main chakras make up our energetic system. The 7 main chakras are energetic centers located at the endocrine glands.
Just like maintaining a clean home and work environment, the heart chakra needs to be maintained regularly too.
Here are 5 simple and effective ways to balance your heart chakra:
- Meditate to raise self-control of your thoughts which will lead to the positive choice of giving unconditional love.
- Perform an act of kindness every day for a week. Notice how it makes you feel.
- Wear green, the color associated with the heart chakra, to enhance the heart’s vitality to give and receive love.
- Yoga exercises: arm balance poses, upper torso twists, breathing exercises
- Journal prompt: Are there relationships in your life that require healing?
Remember, setting your intention matters. Before doing any of the activities, set your intention. For example, you might set the intention to balance your heart chakra and improve your compassion towards others.
May you start feeling more love and at peace each day forward!